TEMPLATE DOWNLOAD LINKS:
Inserting a Table of Contents
- At the bottom of the caption, click Insert → Break → Section break (next page).
- At the top of the page following the caption (the first page of Section 2), type “Table of Contents” in small caps and center it.
- Position your cursor below the title you just added.
- Click References on the ribbon.
- At the far left side of the ribbon, click Table of Contents.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the menu that appears and click Custom Table of Contents.
- Make sure that From template is selected.
- Click OK and check the format of your new table of contents. (Don’t forget to update the table if you change the text of the brief.)
- In the footer of Section 2, change the page numbering for the newly inserted section to lower case roman numerals.
- Check the box for Different first page for the section containing your tables of contents and authorities.
- Beneath your tables of contents and authorities, click Insert → Break → Section break (next page).
- In the footer of the main section of the brief, change he page number format to numerals beginning with 1.
- Uncheck the Different first page box for this main section of your brief.
Downloading and Installing Templates
- Close Word.
- Click on the menu above to download the Global, Memorandum and Letterhead Template(s).
- Click anywhere on your desktop to switch to Finder.
- Hold down the [OPTION] key while clicking “Go” on the top menu bar, then click Library.
- Click Group Containers → UBF8T346G9.Office → User Content → Templates.
- Delete all old, unused templates from the Templates folder.
- In a new Finder window, open your Downloads folder.
- Drag your newly downloaded templates from Downloads to Templates.
- Click Replace when the dialogue box appears.
- Open Word and test your templates.